Thursday, February 26, 2015

EEL-Week 18

Week 18

Complex/Imperative/S-Vt-DO-OCA/OCN

Charts A,M,N

Only 6 more weeks! Don't give up! Read Galations 6:9 for some encouragement.
This is also a great time to do a temperature check to see if we are where we should be. A great resource for that is page 282  in your Guide. I discovered that I have let the charts slide at home and need to focus on those these last few weeks.

Review:

8 parts of speech
4 purposes
4 structures
What is a complex sentence?
contains both an independent clause and a dependent clause.
What is an imperative sentence?
gives a command

Volunteers came up and labeled and diagrammed:

Make ma a saint while you make me an heir.
Make me holy while you make me loving.

All the volunteers did great. 

Imperative

Let's change these Declaratives into Imperatives.
We shall call the dog Rover.
Call the dog Rover.

The judge did rule her guilty.
Rule her guilty.

He calls me Ishmael. 
Call me Ishmael.

What is the subject in our new imperative sentences?
The understood you.

Can we determine the tense of our verbs in these sentences?
Present! Commands are given in the now. Notice that no helping verbs are used either.

Complex & Imperative

Now that we have our imperative sentences, let's make them complex. Any ideas on how to do this?
who/which clauses, www.asa.wub clauses

Call the dog Rover as he is friendly.
Rule her guilty because she stole the goods.
Call me Ishmael while I am on the boat.

We used the sentence on pg 291 on our Analytical Task sheets and went all the way to Task 5!

We played a new math game called Insomnia.


No comments:

Post a Comment